Scrabble word: CALLUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does CALLUS exist?
Definitions of CALLUS in dictionaries:
- noun - an area of skin that is thick or hard from continual pressure or friction (as the sole of the foot)
- noun - bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
- noun - (botany) an isolated thickening of tissue, especially a stiff protuberance on the lip of an orchid
- verb - cause a callus to form on
- verb - form a callus or calluses
- A localized thickening and enlargement of the horny layer of the skin.
- The hard bony tissue that develops around the ends of a fractured bone during healing.
- Undifferentiated tissue that develops on or around an injured or cut plant surface or in tissue culture.
- The hardened, sometimes sharp base of the floret of certain grasses.
- verb - to form a hard growth