Is WING valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of WING in various dictionaries:
- noun - a movable organ for flying (one of a pair)
- noun - one of the horizontal airfoils on either side of the fuselage of an airplane
- noun - a stage area out of sight of the audience
- noun - a unit of military aircraft
- noun - the side of military or naval formation
- noun - a hockey player stationed in a forward position on either side
- noun - (in flight formation) a position to the side and just to the rear of another aircraft
- noun - a group within a political party or legislature or other organization that holds distinct views or has a particular function
- noun - the wing of a fowl
- noun - a barrier that surrounds the wheels of a vehicle to block splashing water or mud
- noun - an addition that extends a main building
- verb - travel through the air
- One of a pair of movable organs for flying, as the feather-covered modified forelimb of a bird or the skin-covered modified digits of the forelimb of a bat.
- Any of usually four membranous organs for flying that extend from the thorax of an insect.
- A winglike organ or structure used for flying, as the folds of skin of a flying squirrel or the enlarged pectoral fin of a flying fish.
- A thin or membranous extension, such as of the fruit of the elm, maple, or ash or of the seed of the pine.
- One of the lateral petals of the flower of a pea or of most plants in the pea family.
- An arm of a human being.
- An airfoil whose principal function is providing lift, especially either of two such airfoils symmetrically positioned on each side of the fuselage of an aircraft.
- Something that resembles a wing in appearance, function, or position relative to a main body.
- The act or manner of flying.
- A means of flight or of rapid ascent.
- Something, such as a weathervane, that is moved by or moves against the air.
- The sail of a ship.
- The fender of a motor vehicle.
- A folding section, as of a double door or of a movable partition.
- Either of the two side projections on the back of a wing chair.
- A flat of theatrical scenery projecting onto the stage from the side.
- A structure attached to and connected internally with the side of a main building.
- A section of a large building devoted to a specific purpose: the children’s wing of the hospital.
- A group affiliated with or subordinate to an older or larger organization.
- Either of two groups with opposing views within a larger group; a faction.
- A section of a party, legislature, or community holding distinct, especially dissenting, political views: the conservative wing.
- Either the left or right flank of an army or a naval fleet.
- An air force unit larger than a group but smaller than a division.
- Either of the forward positions played near the sideline, especially in hockey.
- To furnish with wings.
- To cause or enable to fly or speed swiftly along.
- To feather (an arrow).
- To pass over or through with or as if with wings.
- To carry or transport by or as if by flying.
- To effect or accomplish by flying.
- To throw or dispatch (a ball, for example).
- To wound the wing of (a game bird, for example).
- To wound superficially, as in an appendage.
- To furnish with side or subordinate extensions, as a building or an altarpiece.
- In the stage wings, unseen by the audience.
- To say or do something without preparation, forethought, or sufficient information or experience; improvise: She hadn’t studied for the exam, so she decided to wing it.
- verb - to travel by means of wings (organs of flight)
There are 4 letters in WING: G I N W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to WING
To search all scrabble anagrams of WING, to go: WING?
Rearrange the letters in WING and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of WING
What's nearby WING
Lookup in Wiki for WING
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of WING, do not miss the additional links under "More about: WING"