Is SWEEP valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of SWEEP in various dictionaries:
- noun - a wide scope
- noun - someone who cleans soot from chimneys
- noun - winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- noun - a long oar used in an open boat
- noun - (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running around the end of the line
- noun - a movement in an arc
- verb - sweep across or over
- verb - move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions
- verb - sweep with a broom or as if with a broom
- verb - force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action
- verb - to cover or extend over an area or time period
- verb - clean by sweeping
- verb - win an overwhelming victory in or on
- verb - cover the entire range of
- verb - make a big sweeping gesture or movement
- To clean or clear, as of dirt, with or as if with a broom or brush: sweep a chimney.
- To clear away with or as if with a broom or brush: swept snow from the steps.
- To clear (a path or space) with or as if with a broom.
- To search thoroughly: The counselors swept the dormitory during the fire drill.
- To search for and remove (eavesdropping devices) from a place: swept the room for bugs.
- To touch or brush lightly, as with a trailing garment: willow branches sweeping the ground.
- To pass over or through a surface or medium with a continuous movement: He swept the sponge over the tile.
- To clear, drive, or convey with relentless force: The flood waters swept away everything in their path.
- To wipe out at a single stroke.
- To remove or carry off with a swift brushing motion: swept the cards off the table; swept the child into his arms.
- To move across or through swiftly or with great intensity: News of the lunar landing swept the country.
- To pass quickly across, as when searching: His gaze swept the horizon.
- To drag the bottom of (a body of water).
- To win all the stages of (a game or contest): swept the World Series.
- To win overwhelmingly in: The opposition party swept the election.
- To clean or clear a surface with or as if with a broom or brush.
- To move swiftly with strong, steady force: The wind swept over the plain.
- To move swiftly in a lofty manner, as if in a trailing robe: She swept by in silence.
- To trail, as a long garment.
- To extend gracefully, especially in a long curve: The hills sweep down to the sea.
- To extend in a wide range: Searchlights swept across the sky.
- A clearing out or removal with or as if with a broom or brush.
- The act or an instance of searching for and removing eavesdropping devices, as in a room.
- A wide curving motion: a sweep of the arm.
- A broad reach or extent: a sweep of green lawn.
- A curve or contour: the sweep of her hair.
- One who sweeps, especially a chimney sweep.
- Often sweeps.
- The winning of all stages of a game or contest.
- An overwhelming victory or success.
- A long oar used to propel a boat.
- The national survey of local stations that is conducted to determine these ratings.
- The steady motion of an electron beam across a cathode-ray tube.
- verb - to clear or clean with a brush or broom
There are 5 letters in SWEEP: E E P S W
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to SWEEP
To search all scrabble anagrams of SWEEP, to go: SWEEP?
Rearrange the letters in SWEEP and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of SWEEP
What's nearby SWEEP
Lookup in Wiki for SWEEP
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of SWEEP, do not miss the additional links under "More about: SWEEP"