Is HARD valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of HARD in various dictionaries:
- adj - not easy
- adj - dispassionate
- adj - resisting weight or pressure
- adj - very strong or vigorous
- adj - characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion
- adj - produced without vibration of the vocal cords
- adj - (of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
- adj - (of speech sounds)
- adj - given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors
- adj - being distilled rather than fermented
- adj - unfortunate or hard to bear
- adj - dried out
- adv - with effort or force or vigor
- adv - with firmness
- adv - earnestly or intently
- adv - causing great damage or hardship
- adv - slowly and with difficulty
- adv - indulging excessively
- adv - into a solid condition
- adv - very near or close in space or time
- adv - with pain or distress or bitterness
- adv - to the full extent possible
- Resistant to pressure; not readily penetrated.
- Physically toughened; rugged.
- Mentally toughened; strong-minded.
- Requiring great effort or endurance: a hard assignment.
- Performed with or marked by great diligence or energy: a project that required years of hard work.
- Difficult to resolve, accomplish, or finish: That was a hard question.
- Difficult to understand or impart: Physics was the hardest of my courses.
- Intense in force or degree: a hard blow.
- Inclement: a long, hard winter.
- Stern or strict in nature or comportment: a hard taskmaster.
- Resistant to persuasion or appeal; obdurate.
- Making few concessions: drives a hard bargain.
- Difficult to endure: a hard life.
- Oppressive or unjust in nature or effect: restrictions that were hard on welfare applicants.
- Lacking compassion or sympathy; callous.
- Harsh or severe in effect or intention: said some hard things that I won’t forget.
- Bitter; resentful: No hard feelings, I hope.
- Causing damage or premature wear: Snow and ice are hard on a car’s finish.
- Bad; adverse: hard luck.
- Proceeding or performing with force, vigor, or persistence; assiduous: a hard worker.
- Real and unassailable: hard evidence.
- Definite; firm: a hard commitment.
- Close; penetrating: We need to take a hard look at the situation.
- Free from illusion or bias; practical: brought some hard common sense to the discussion.
- Using or based on data that are readily quantified or verified: the hard sciences.
- Marked by sharp outline or definition; stark.
- Lacking in delicacy, shading, or nuance.
- Metallic, as opposed to paper.
- Backed by bullion rather than by credit.
- High and stable.
- Durable; lasting: hard merchandise.
- Written or printed rather than stored in electronic media: sent the information by hard mail.
- Erect; tumid.
- Having high alcoholic content; intoxicating: hard liquor.
- Rendered alcoholic by fermentation; fermented: hard cider.
- Containing dissolved salts that interfere with the lathering action of soap.
- Velar, as in c in cake or g in log, as opposed to palatal or soft.
- Of relatively high energy; penetrating: hard x-rays.
- High in gluten content: hard wheat.
- Resistant to biodegradation: a hard detergent.
- Physically addictive.
- Resistant to blast, heat, or radiation.
- With strenuous effort; intently: worked hard all day; stared hard at the accused criminal.
- With great force, vigor, or energy: pressed hard on the lever.
- In such a way as to cause great damage or hardship: industrial cities hit hard by unemployment.
- With great distress, grief, or bitterness: took the divorce hard.
- Firmly; securely: held hard to the railing.
- Toward or into a solid condition: concrete that sets hard within a day.
- Near in space or time; close: The factory stands hard by the railroad tracks.
- Completely; fully: hard alee.
- Having a partial loss of hearing.
- These adjectives are compared as they mean requiring great physical or mental effort to do, achieve, or master.
- adj - firm and unyielding
There are 4 letters in HARD: A D H R
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to HARD
To search all scrabble anagrams of HARD, to go: HARD?
Rearrange the letters in HARD and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of HARD
What's nearby HARD
Lookup in Wiki for HARD
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of HARD, do not miss the additional links under "More about: HARD"