Is FACE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of FACE in various dictionaries:
- noun - the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- noun - the feelings expressed on a person's face
- noun - the general outward appearance of something
- noun - the striking or working surface of an implement
- noun - a part of a person that is used to refer to a person
- noun - a surface forming part of the outside of an object
- noun - the part of an animal corresponding to the human face
- noun - the side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object)
- noun - a contorted facial expression
- noun - a specific size and style of type within a type family
- noun - status in the eyes of others
- noun - impudent aggressiveness
- noun - a vertical surface of a building or cliff
- verb - deal with (something unpleasant) head on
- verb - oppose, as in hostility or a competition
- verb - be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point
- verb - be opposite
- verb - turn so as to face
- verb - present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- verb - turn so as to expose the face
- verb - line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
- verb - cover the front or surface of
- The surface of the front of the head from the top of the forehead to the base of the chin and from ear to ear.
- A person: We saw many new faces on the first day of classes.
- A person’s countenance.
- A contorted facial expression; a grimace: made a face at the prospect of eating lemons.
- Outward appearance: the modern face of the city.
- Value or standing in the eyes of others; prestige: lose face.
- Self-assurance; confidence: The team managed to maintain a firm face even in times of great adversity.
- Effrontery; impudence: had the face to question my judgment.
- The surface presented to view; the front.
- A faade.
- Outer surface: the face of the earth.
- A marked side: the face of a clock; the face of a playing card.
- The right side, as of fabric.
- A planar surface of a geometric solid.
- Any of the surfaces of a rock or crystal.
- The end, as of a mine or tunnel, at which work is advancing.
- The appearance and geologic surface features of an area of land; topography.
- A typeface or range of typefaces.
- To occupy a position with the face toward: stood and faced the audience.
- To front on: a window that faces the south.
- To confront with complete awareness: had to face the facts.
- To overcome by confronting boldly or bravely: “What this generation must do is face its problems” (John F.
- To confront with impudence.
- To be certain to encounter; have in store: An unskilled youth faces a difficult life.
- To bring or to be brought face to face with: “The prospect of military conflict... faced us with nightmarish choices” (Henry A.
- To cause (troops) to change direction by giving a command.
- To turn (a playing card) so that the face is up.
- To furnish with a surface or cover of a different material: bronze that is faced with gold foil.
- To line or trim the edge of, especially with contrasting material: face a hem with lace.
- To treat the surface of so as to smooth.
- To be turned or placed with the front toward a specified direction.
- To start play in ice hockey, lacrosse, and other games by releasing the puck or ball between two opposing players.
- In each other’s presence; in direct communication: The two world leaders at last spoke face to face.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “the front surface of the head”: turned her face away; a happy countenance; punched him in the kisser; caught a glimpse of his ugly mug; tripped and fell on her pan; caught him staring at my physiognomy; a menacing look on his puss; a noble-looking visage.
- adj - to oppose or meet defiantly [v FACED, FACING, FACES] : FACEABLE
There are 4 letters in FACE: A C E F
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to FACE
To search all scrabble anagrams of FACE, to go: FACE?
Rearrange the letters in FACE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of FACE
What's nearby FACE
Lookup in Wiki for FACE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of FACE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: FACE"