Is DIP valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of DIP in various dictionaries:
- noun - a depression in an otherwise level surface
- noun - (physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon
- noun - a thief who steals from the pockets or purses of others in public places
- noun - tasty mixture or liquid into which bite-sized foods are dipped
- noun - a brief immersion
- noun - a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity
- noun - a candle that is made by repeated dipping in a pool of wax or tallow
- noun - a brief swim in water
- noun - a gymnastic exercise on the parallel bars in which the body is lowered and raised by bending and straightening the arms
- verb - immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
- verb - dip into a liquid while eating
- verb - go down momentarily
- verb - stain an object by immersing it in a liquid
- verb - take a small amount from
- verb - switch (a car's headlights) from a higher to a lower beam
- verb - lower briefly
- verb - appear to move downward
- verb - slope downwards
- verb - dip into a liquid
- verb - place (candle wicks) into hot, liquid wax
- verb - immerse in a disinfectant solution
- verb - plunge (one's hand or a receptacle) into a container
- verb - scoop up by plunging one's hand or a ladle below the surface
- To plunge briefly into a liquid, as in order to wet, coat, or saturate.
- To color or dye by immersing: dip Easter eggs.
- To immerse (a sheep or other animal) in a disinfectant solution.
- To form (a candle) by repeatedly immersing a wick in melted wax or tallow.
- To galvanize or plate (metal) by immersion.
- To scoop up by plunging the hand or a receptacle below the surface, as of a liquid; ladle: dip water out of a bucket.
- To lower and raise (a flag) in salute.
- To lower or drop (something) suddenly: dipped my head to avoid the branch.
- To plunge into water or other liquid and come out quickly.
- To plunge the hand or a receptacle into liquid or a container, especially so as to take something up or out: I dipped into my pocket for some coins.
- To make inroads into funds: We dipped into our savings.
- To drop down or sink out of sight suddenly: The sun dipped below the horizon.
- To drop suddenly before climbing.
- To slope downward; decline: The road dipped.
- To decline slightly and usually temporarily: Sales dipped after Christmas.
- To lie at an angle to the horizontal plane, as a rock stratum or vein.
- To read here and there at random; browse: dipping into Chaucer.
- To investigate a subject superficially; dabble: dipped into psychology.
- A brief plunge or immersion, especially a quick swim.
- A liquid into which something is dipped, as for dyeing or disinfecting.
- A savory creamy mixture into which crackers, raw vegetables, or other foods may be dipped.
- An amount taken up by dipping.
- A container for dipping.
- A candle made by repeated dipping in tallow or wax.
- A downward slope; a decline.
- A sharp downward course; a drop: a dip in prices.
- The downward inclination of a rock stratum or vein in reference to the plane of the horizon.
- Magnetic dip.
- A hollow or depression.
- A gymnastic exercise on the parallel bars in which the body is lowered by bending the elbows until the chin reaches the level of the bars and then is raised by straightening the arms.
- A pickpocket.
- A foolish or stupid person.
- verb - to immerse briefly into a liquid
There are 3 letters in DIP: D I P
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to DIP
To search all scrabble anagrams of DIP, to go: DIP?
Rearrange the letters in DIP and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of DIP
What's nearby DIP
Lookup in Wiki for DIP
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of DIP, do not miss the additional links under "More about: DIP"