Is CHOKE valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of CHOKE in various dictionaries:
- noun - a coil of low resistance and high inductance used in electrical circuits to pass direct current and attenuate alternating current
- noun - a valve that controls the flow of air into the carburetor of a gasoline engine
- verb - breathe with great difficulty, as when experiencing a strong emotion
- verb - be too tight
- verb - wring the neck of
- verb - constrict (someone's) throat and keep from breathing
- verb - struggle for breath
- verb - fail to perform adequately due to tension or agitation
- verb - check or slow down the action or effect of
- verb - become or cause to become obstructed
- verb - impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- verb - become stultified, suppressed, or stifled
- verb - suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of
- verb - pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- verb - reduce the air supply
- verb - cause to retch or choke
- To interfere with the respiration of by compression or obstruction of the larynx or trachea.
- To check or slow down the movement, growth, or action of: a garden that was choked by weeds.
- To block up or obstruct by filling or clogging: Mud choked the drainpipe.
- To fill up completely; jam: Major commuter arteries were choked with stalled traffic.
- To reduce the air intake of (a carburetor), thereby enriching the fuel mixture.
- To grip (a bat or racket, for example) at a point nearer the hitting surface.
- To have difficulty in breathing, swallowing, or speaking.
- To become blocked up or obstructed.
- To shorten one’s grip on the handle of a bat or racket.
- To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension: “The only top official to choke up was the Secretary of State.... he created a problem by insisting on solving a problem that was not acute” (William Safire).
- The act or sound of choking.
- Something that constricts or chokes.
- A narrow part, such as the chokebore of a firearm.
- A device used in an internal-combustion engine to enrich the fuel mixture by reducing the flow of air to the carburetor.
- verb - to impede the breathing of
There are 5 letters in CHOKE: C E H K O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to CHOKE
To search all scrabble anagrams of CHOKE, to go: CHOKE?
Rearrange the letters in CHOKE and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of CHOKE
What's nearby CHOKE
Lookup in Wiki for CHOKE
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of CHOKE, do not miss the additional links under "More about: CHOKE"