Scrabble word: WISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does WISH exist?
Definitions of WISH in dictionaries:
- noun - a specific feeling of desire
- noun - an expression of some desire or inclination
- noun - (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare
- noun - the particular preference that you have
- verb - hope for
- verb - prefer or wish to do something
- verb - make or express a wish
- verb - feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- verb - order politely
- verb - invoke upon
- A desire, longing, or strong inclination for a specific thing.
- An expression of a desire, longing, or strong inclination; a petition.
- Something desired or longed for.
- To long for; want.
- To entertain or express wishes for; bid: He wished her good night.
- To call or invoke upon: I wish them luck.
- To order or entreat: I wish you to go.
- To impose or force; foist: They wished a hard job on her.
- To have or feel a desire: wish for the moon.
- This usage is consonant with formal style, where it is natural to treat the desires of others with exaggerated deference.
- verb - to feel an impulse toward attainment or possession of something