Scrabble word: SWISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SWISH exist?
Definitions of SWISH in dictionaries:
- noun - a brushing or rustling sound
- verb - move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound
- adj - elegant and fashionable
- To move with a hissing or whistling sound, as a whip.
- To rustle, as silk.
- To cause to make a swishing sound.
- To strike or cut with a swishing sound.
- To whip with a rod.
- A sharp whistling or rustling sound: the swish of scythes.
- A movement making such a sound.
- A rod used for flogging.
- A stroke made with such a rod.
- Used as a disparaging term for a gay or homosexual man.
- Fashionable; posh: “a swish pastry shop on the Rue du Bac” (Julia Child).
- verb - to move with a prolonged hissing sound