Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: WAVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAVE exist?
Definitions of WAVE in dictionaries:
- noun - one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- noun - a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon
- noun - (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
- noun - something that rises rapidly
- noun - the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
- noun - a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
- noun - an undulating curve
- noun - a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures)
- noun - a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy
- verb - signal with the hands or nod
- verb - move or swing back and forth
- verb - move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion
- verb - twist or roll into coils or ringlets
- verb - set waves in
- To move freely back and forth or up and down in the air, as branches in the wind.
- To make a signal with an up-and-down or back-and-forth movement of the hand or an object held in the hand: waved as she drove by.
- To have an undulating or wavy form; curve or curl: Her hair waves naturally.
- To cause to move back and forth or up and down, either once or repeatedly: She waved a fan before her face.
- To signal or express by waving the hand or an object held in the hand: We waved good-bye.
- To signal (a person) to move in a specified direction: The police officer waved the motorist into the right lane.
- To arrange into curves, curls, or undulations: wave one’s hair.
- A ridge or swell moving through or along the surface of a large body of water.
- A small ridge or swell moving across the interface of two fluids and dependent on surface tension.
- A moving curve or succession of curves in or on a surface; an undulation: waves of wheat in the wind.
- A curve or succession of curves, as in the hair.
- A curved shape, outline, or pattern.
- A movement up and down or back and forth: a wave of the hand.
- A surge or rush, as of sensation: a wave of nausea; a wave of indignation.
- A sudden great rise, as in activity or intensity: a wave of panic selling on the stock market.
- A rising trend that involves large numbers of individuals: a wave of conservatism.
- One of a succession of mass movements: the first wave of settlers.
- A maneuver in which fans at a sports event simulate an ocean wave by rising quickly in sequence with arms upraised and then quickly sitting down again in a continuous rolling motion.
- A widespread, persistent meteorological condition, especially of temperature: a heat wave.
- A disturbance traveling through a medium by which energy is transferred from one particle of the medium to another without causing any permanent displacement of the medium itself.
- A graphic representation of the variation of such a disturbance with time.
- A single cycle of such a disturbance.
- verb - to move freely back and forth or up and down
There are 4 letters in WAVE: A E V W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WAVE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WAVE plus a wildcard: WAVE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WAVE
Images for WAVE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.