Scrabble word: TICK
In which Scrabble dictionary does TICK exist?
Definitions of TICK in dictionaries:
- noun - a metallic tapping sound
- noun - any of two families of small parasitic arachnids with barbed proboscis
- noun - a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
- noun - a light mattress
- verb - make a clicking or ticking sound
- verb - make a sound like a clock or a timer
- verb - sew
- verb - put a check mark on or near or next to
- A light, sharp, clicking sound made repeatedly by a machine, such as a clock.
- A moment.
- A light mark used to check off or call attention to an item.
- A unit on a scale; a degree: when interest rates move up a tick.
- To emit recurring clicking sounds: as the clock ticked.
- To function characteristically or well: machines ticking away; curious about what makes people tick.
- To count or record with or as if with the sound of ticks: a clock ticking the hours; a taxi meter ticking the fare.
- To mark or check off (a listed item) with a tick: ticked off each name as the roll was called.
- Any of numerous small bloodsucking parasitic arachnids of the family Ixodidae, many of which transmit febrile diseases, such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Lyme disease.
- Any of various usually wingless, louselike insects of the family Hippobosciddae that are parasitic on sheep, goats, and other animals.
- A cloth case for a mattress or pillow.
- A light mattress without inner springs.
- Credit or an amount of credit.
- verb - to make a recurrent clicking sound