Scrabble word: TRICK
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRICK exist?
Definitions of TRICK in dictionaries:
- noun - a cunning or deceitful action or device
- noun - a period of work or duty
- noun - an attempt to get you to do something foolish or imprudent
- noun - a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
- noun - an illusory feat
- noun - a prostitute's customer
- noun - (card games) in a single round, the sequence of cards played by all the players
- verb - deceive somebody
- An act or a procedure intended to achieve an end by deceptive or fraudulent means.
- A mischievous action; a prank.
- A stupid, disgraceful, or childish act or performance.
- A peculiar trait or characteristic; a mannerism: “Mimicry is the trick by which a moth or other defenseless insect comes to look like a wasp” (Marston Bates).
- A peculiar event with unexpected, often deceptive results: “One of history’s cruelest tricks is to take words that sounded good at the time and make them sound pretty stupid” (David Owen).
- A deceptive or illusive appearance; an illusion: a trick of sunlight.
- A convention or specialized skill peculiar to a particular field of activity: learned the tricks of the winemaking trade.
- A feat of magic or legerdemain.
- A difficult, dexterous, or clever act designed to amuse.
- All the cards played in a single round, one from each player.
- One such round.
- A period or turn of duty, as at the helm of a ship.
- A prison term.
- An act of prostitution.
- A prostitute’s customer.
- A session carried out by a prostitute with a client.
- A robbery or theft.
- Of, relating to, or involving tricks.
- Capable of performing tricks: a trick dog.
- Designed or made for doing a trick or tricks: trick cards; trick dice.
- To ornament or adorn, often garishly: was all tricked out in beads and fringe.
- verb - to mislead by falsehood