Scrabble word: SNIFF
In which Scrabble dictionary does SNIFF exist?
Definitions of SNIFF in dictionaries:
- noun - sensing an odor by inhaling through the nose
- verb - perceive by inhaling through the nose
- verb - inhale audibly through the nose
- To inhale a short, audible breath through the nose, as in smelling something.
- To sniffle.
- To use the sense of smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed at the jar to see what it held.
- To regard something in a contemptuous or dismissive manner: The critics sniffed at the adaptation of the novel to film.
- To pry; snoop: The reporters came sniffing around for more details.
- To inhale forcibly through the nose: sniffed the cool morning air.
- To smell, as in savoring or investigating: sniffed the lilacs; sniffed the breeze for traces of smoke.
- To perceive or detect by or as if by sniffing: dogs that sniffed out the trail through the snow; sniffed trouble ahead.
- To utter in a contemptuous or haughty manner: The countess sniffed her disapproval.
- An instance or the sound of sniffing.
- Something sniffed or perceived by or as if by sniffing; a whiff: a sniff of perfume; a sniff of scandal.
- verb - to inhale audibly through the nose