Scrabble word: SLASH
In which Scrabble dictionary does SLASH exist?
Definitions of SLASH in dictionaries:
- noun - a wound made by cutting
- noun - an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
- noun - a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- noun - a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
- verb - cut with sweeping strokes
- verb - beat severely with a whip or rod
- verb - cut open
- verb - cut drastically
- verb - move or stir about violently
- To cut or form by cutting with forceful sweeping strokes: slash a path through the underbrush.
- To lash with sweeping strokes.
- To make a gash or gashes in.
- To cut a slit or slits in, especially so as to reveal an underlying color: slash a sleeve.
- To criticize sharply: The work of the composer has been slashed by the reviewers.
- To reduce or curtail drastically: slash prices for a clearance sale.
- To make forceful sweeping strokes with or as if with a sharp instrument.
- To cut one’s way with such strokes: We slashed through the dense jungle.
- A forceful sweeping stroke made with a sharp instrument.
- A long cut or other opening made by such a stroke; a gash or slit.
- A decorative slit in a fabric or garment.
- Branches and other residue left on a forest floor after the cutting of timber.
- A virgule.
- verb - to cut with violent sweeping strokes