Scrabble word: SCOOP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCOOP exist?
Definitions of SCOOP in dictionaries:
- noun - the quantity a scoop will hold
- noun - a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- noun - a news report that is reported first by one news organization
- noun - street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
- noun - the shovel or bucket of a dredge or backhoe
- noun - a large ladle
- verb - take out or up with or as if with a scoop
- verb - get the better of
- A shovellike utensil, usually having a deep, curved dish and a short handle: a flour scoop.
- The amount that such a utensil can hold.
- A thick-handled cuplike utensil for dispensing balls of ice cream or other semisoft food, often having a sweeping band in the cup that is levered by the thumb to free the contents.
- A portion of food gathered with this utensil.
- A ladle; a dipper.
- An implement for bailing water from a boat.
- A narrow, spoon-shaped instrument for surgical extraction in cavities or cysts.
- The bucket or shovel, as of a dredge or backhoe.
- A hollow area; a cavity.
- An opening, as on the body of a motor vehicle, by which a fluid is directed inward: “The [sports car] has... enough scoops and spoilers to get you a citation just standing still” (Mark Weinstein).
- A scooping movement or action.
- An exclusive news story acquired by luck or initiative before a competitor.
- Current information or details: What’s the scoop on the new neighbors? — v.
- To take up or dip into with or as if with a scoop.
- To hollow out by digging.
- To gather or collect swiftly and unceremoniously; grab: scoop up a handful of jelly beans.
- To top or outmaneuver (a competitor) in acquiring and publishing an important news story.
- verb - to take up with a scoop (a spoonlike utensil)