Scrabble word: SCOOP
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCOOP exist?
Definitions of SCOOP in dictionaries:
- noun - the quantity a scoop will hold
- noun - a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- noun - a news report that is reported first by one news organization
- noun - street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
- noun - the shovel or bucket of a dredge or backhoe
- noun - a large ladle
- verb - take out or up with or as if with a scoop
- verb - get the better of
- A shovellike utensil, usually having a deep, curved dish and a short handle: a flour scoop.
- The amount that such a utensil can hold.
- A thick-handled cuplike utensil for dispensing balls of ice cream or other semisoft food, often having a sweeping band in the cup that is levered by the thumb to free the contents.
- A portion of food gathered with this utensil.
- A ladle; a dipper.
- An implement for bailing water from a boat.
- A narrow, spoon-shaped instrument for surgical extraction in cavities or cysts.
- The bucket or shovel, as of a dredge or backhoe.
- A hollow area; a cavity.
- An opening, as on the body of a motor vehicle, by which a fluid is directed inward: “The [sports car] has... enough scoops and spoilers to get you a citation just standing still” (Mark Weinstein).
- A scooping movement or action.
- An exclusive news story acquired by luck or initiative before a competitor.
- Current information or details: What’s the scoop on the new neighbors? — v.
- To take up or dip into with or as if with a scoop.
- To hollow out by digging.
- To gather or collect swiftly and unceremoniously; grab: scoop up a handful of jelly beans.
- To top or outmaneuver (a competitor) in acquiring and publishing an important news story.
- verb - to take up with a scoop (a spoonlike utensil)
There are 5 letters in SCOOP: C O O P S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SCOOP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SCOOP plus a wildcard: SCOOP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SCOOP
Images for SCOOP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.