Scrabble word: RUNNER
In which Scrabble dictionary does RUNNER exist?
Definitions of RUNNER in dictionaries:
- noun - someone who imports or exports without paying duties
- noun - someone who travels on foot by running
- noun - a person who is employed to deliver messages or documents
- noun - a baseball player on the team at bat who is on base (or attempting to reach a base)
- noun - a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- noun - a trained athlete who competes in foot races
- noun - (football) the player who is carrying (and trying to advance) the ball on an offensive play
- noun - a long narrow carpet
- noun - device consisting of the parts on which something can slide along
- noun - fish of western Atlantic: Cape Cod to Brazil
- One who competes in a race.
- One who runs the bases.
- One who carries the ball.
- A fugitive.
- One who carries messages or runs errands.
- One who serves as an agent or a collector, as for a bank or brokerage house.
- One who solicits business, as for a hotel or store.
- A smuggler: a narcotics runner.
- A vessel engaged in smuggling.
- One who operates or manages something: the runner of a series of gambling operations.
- The blade of a skate.
- The supports on which a drawer slides.
- A long narrow carpet.
- A long narrow tablecloth.
- A roller towel.
- A slender, creeping stem that puts forth roots from nodes spaced at intervals along its length.
- A plant, such as the strawberry, having such a stem.
- A twining vine, such as the scarlet runner.
- Any of several marine fishes of the family Carangidae, especially the blue runner (Caranx crysos), of temperate waters of the American Atlantic coast.
- See flat1 (n.
- verb - to move by rapid steps