Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: ROUGH
In which Scrabble dictionary does ROUGH exist?
Definitions of ROUGH in dictionaries:
- noun - the part of a golf course bordering the fairway where the grass is not cut short
- verb - prepare in preliminary or sketchy form
- adj - having or caused by an irregular surface
- adj - (of persons or behavior) lacking refinement or finesse
- adj - not quite exact or correct
- adj - full of hardship or trials
- adj - violently agitated and turbulent
- adj - unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- adj - ready and able to resort to force or violence
- adj - of the margin of a leaf shape
- adj - causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements
- adj - not shaped by cutting or trimming
- adj - not carefully or expertly made
- adj - not perfected
- adj - unpleasantly stern
- adj - unkind or cruel or uncivil
- adv - with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly')
- adv - with rough motion as over a rough surface
- Having a surface marked by irregularities, protuberances, or ridges; not smooth.
- Coarse or shaggy to the touch: a rough, scratchy blanket.
- Difficult to travel over or through: the rough terrain of the highlands.
- Characterized by violent motion; turbulent: rough waters.
- Difficult to endure or live through, especially because of harsh or inclement weather: a rough winter.
- Unpleasant or difficult: had a rough time during the exam.
- Boisterous, unruly, uncouth, or rowdy: ran with a rough crowd.
- Lacking polish or finesse: rough manners.
- Characterized by carelessness or force, as in manipulating: broke the crystal through rough handling.
- Harsh to the ear: a rough, raspy sound.
- Being in a natural state: rough diamonds.
- Not perfected, completed, or fully detailed: a rough drawing; rough carpentry.
- Rugged, overgrown terrain.
- The part of a golf course left unmowed and uncultivated.
- The difficult or disagreeable aspect, part, or side: observed politics in the rough when working as an intern on Capitol Hill.
- Something in an unfinished or hastily worked-out state.
- A crude, unmannered person; a rowdy.
- To treat roughly or with physical violence: roughed up his opponent.
- To treat (an opposing player) with unnecessary roughness during a sport or game: roughed the passer and was ejected from the game.
- In a rough manner; roughly.
- adj - having an uneven surface
There are 5 letters in ROUGH: G H O R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ROUGH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ROUGH plus a wildcard: ROUGH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ROUGH
Images for ROUGH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.