Scrabble word: RECESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does RECESS exist?
Definitions of RECESS in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of abeyance or suspended business
- noun - a small concavity
- noun - an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
- noun - an enclosure that is set back or indented
- noun - a pause from doing something (as work)
- verb - put into a recess
- verb - make a recess in
- verb - close at the end of a session
- A temporary cessation of the customary activities of an engagement, occupation, or pursuit.
- The period of such cessation.
- Often recesses.
- An indentation or small hollow.
- An alcove.
- To place in a recess.
- To create or fashion a recess in: recessed a portion of the wall.
- To take a recess: The investigators recessed for lunch.
- verb - to place in a receding space or hollow