Scrabble word: PROUD
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROUD exist?
Definitions of PROUD in dictionaries:
- adj - feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure your self-worth
- adj - having or displaying great dignity or nobility
- Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, a possession, a quality, or a relationship by which one measures one’s stature or self-worth: proud of one’s child; proud to serve one’s country.
- Occasioning or being a reason for pride: “On January 1, 1900, Americans and Europeans greeted the twentieth century in the proud and certain belief that the next hundred years would make all things possible” (W.
- Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
- Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
- Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.
- Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.
- These adjectives mean filled with or marked by a high opinion of oneself and disdain for what one views as being unworthy.
- adv - having or displaying pride [adj PROUDER, PROUDEST] : PROUDLY