Scrabble word: PROOF
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROOF exist?
Definitions of PROOF in dictionaries:
- noun - any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something
- noun - a formal series of statements showing that if one thing is true something else necessarily follows from it
- noun - a measure of alcoholic strength expressed as an integer twice the percentage of alcohol present (by volume)
- noun - (printing) an impression made to check for errors
- noun - a trial photographic print from a negative
- noun - the act of validating
- verb - make or take a proof of, such as a photographic negative, an etching, or typeset
- verb - knead to reach proper lightness
- verb - read for errors
- verb - activate by mixing with water and sometimes sugar or milk
- verb - make resistant (to harm)
- adj - (used in combination or as a suffix) able to withstand
- The evidence or argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.
- The validation of a proposition by application of specified rules, as of induction or deduction, to assumptions, axioms, and sequentially derived conclusions.
- A statement or an argument used in such a validation.
- Convincing or persuasive demonstration: was asked for proof of his identity; an employment history that was proof of her dependability.
- The state of being convinced or persuaded by consideration of evidence.
- Determination of the quality of something by testing; trial: put one’s beliefs to the proof.
- The result or effect of evidence; the establishment or denial of a fact by evidence.
- The alcoholic strength of a liquor, expressed by a number that is twice the percentage by volume of alcohol present.
- A trial sheet of printed material that is made to be checked and corrected.
- A trial impression of a plate, stone, or block taken at any of various stages in engraving.
- A trial photographic print.
- Any of a limited number of newly minted coins or medals struck as specimens and for collectors from a new die on a polished planchet.
- Proven impenetrability: “I was clothed in Armor of proof” (John Bunyan).
- Fully or successfully resistant; impervious.
- Of standard alcoholic strength.
- Used in proving or making corrections.
- To make a trial impression of (printed or engraved matter).
- To proofread (copy).
- To activate (dormant dry yeast) by adding water.
- To work (dough) into proper lightness.
- To treat so as to make resistant: proof a fabric against shrinkage.
- To proofread.
- To become properly light for cooking: The batter proofed overnight.
- verb - to examine for errors
There are 5 letters in PROOF: F O O P R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PROOF
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PROOF plus a wildcard: PROOF?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PROOF
Images for PROOF
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.