Scrabble word: MIASMA
In which Scrabble dictionary does MIASMA exist?
Definitions of MIASMA in dictionaries:
- noun - an unwholesome atmosphere
- noun - unhealthy vapors rising from the ground or other sources
- A noxious atmosphere or influence: “The family affection, the family expectations, seemed to permeate the atmosphere... like a coiling miasma” (Louis Auchincloss).
- A poisonous atmosphere formerly thought to rise from swamps and putrid matter and cause disease.
- A thick, vaporous atmosphere or emanation: wreathed in a miasma of cigarette smoke.
- adj - a noxious vapor [n -MAS or -MATA] : MIASMAL, MIASMIC