Scrabble word: GOWN
In which Scrabble dictionary does GOWN exist?
Definitions of GOWN in dictionaries:
- noun - a woman's dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions
- noun - the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located
- noun - lingerie consisting of a loose dress designed to be worn in bed by women
- noun - protective garment worn by surgeons during operations
- noun - outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
- verb - dress in a gown
- A long, loose, flowing garment, such as a robe or nightgown.
- A long, usually formal dress for a woman.
- A robe or smock worn in operating rooms and other parts of hospitals as a guard against contamination.
- A distinctive outer robe worn on ceremonial occasions, as by scholars or clerics.
- The faculty and student body of a university: perfect accord between town and gown.
- verb - to dress in a gown (a long, loose outer garment)