Scrabble word: FAULT
In which Scrabble dictionary does FAULT exist?
Definitions of FAULT in dictionaries:
- noun - a wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention
- noun - an imperfection in an object or machine
- noun - the quality of being inadequate or falling short of perfection
- noun - (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- noun - (electronics) equipment failure attributable to some defect in a circuit (loose connection or insulation failure or short circuit etc.)
- noun - responsibility for a bad situation or event
- noun - (sports) a serve that is illegal (e.g., that lands outside the prescribed area)
- verb - put or pin the blame on
- A character weakness, especially a minor one.
- Something that impairs or detracts from physical perfection; a defect.
- A mistake; an error.
- A minor offense or misdeed.
- Responsibility for a mistake or an offense; culpability.
- A fracture in the continuity of a rock formation caused by a shifting or dislodging of the earth’s crust, in which adjacent surfaces are differentially displaced parallel to the plane of fracture.
- A bad service, as in tennis.
- A lack or deficiency.
- To find error or defect in; criticize or blame.
- To produce a fault in; fracture.
- To commit a mistake or an error.
- To shift so as to produce a fault.
- Deserving of blame; guilty: admitted to being at fault.
- These nouns denote an imperfection or deficiency of character.