Scrabble word: DODGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DODGE exist?
Definitions of DODGE in dictionaries:
- noun - an elaborate or deceitful scheme contrived to deceive or evade
- noun - a quick evasive movement
- noun - a statement that evades the question by cleverness or trickery
- verb - make a sudden movement in a new direction so as to avoid
- verb - move to and fro or from place to place usually in an irregular course
- verb - avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- To avoid (a blow, for example) by moving or shifting quickly aside.
- To evade (an obligation, for example) by cunning, trickery, or deceit: kept dodging the reporter’s questions.
- To blunt or reduce the intensity of (a section of a photograph) by shading during the printing process.
- To move aside or in a given direction by shifting or twisting suddenly: The child dodged through the crowd.
- To practice trickery or cunning; prevaricate.
- The act of dodging.
- An ingenious expedient intended to evade or trick.
- adj - to escape or avoid by cleverness or deceit [v EVADED, EVADING, EVADES] : EVADABLE, EVADIBLE