Scrabble word: DEAF
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEAF exist?
Definitions of DEAF in dictionaries:
- noun - people who have severe hearing impairments
- verb - make or render deaf
- adj - lacking or deprived of the sense of hearing wholly or in part
- adj - (usually followed by `to') unwilling or refusing to pay heed
- Partially or completely lacking in the sense of hearing.
- Unwilling or refusing to listen; heedless: was deaf to our objections.
- Some writers have lately introduced a distinction between the lowercase noun deaf, which is used to refer simply to people with extensive hearing disorders, and the capitalized noun Deaf, which refers to the culture and community that has grown up around the use of American Sign Language as a primary means of communication.
- adj - lacking the sense of hearing