Scrabble word: DEADEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEADEN exist?
Definitions of DEADEN in dictionaries:
- verb - make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible
- verb - cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients
- verb - make vapid or deprive of spirit
- verb - lessen the momentum or velocity of
- verb - become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active
- verb - make less lively, intense, or vigorous
- verb - convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
- To render less intense, sensitive, or vigorous: a medication to deaden the pain; wall tiles that deaden the sound from the rehearsal studio.
- To make soundproof.
- To make less colorful or brilliant.
- To become dead.
- To lose vigor, brilliance, or liveliness.
- verb - to diminish the sensitivity or vigor of