Is TALK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of TALK in various dictionaries:
- noun - an exchange of ideas via conversation
- noun - discussion
- noun - the act of giving a talk to an audience
- noun - a speech that is open to the public
- noun - idle gossip or rumor
- verb - exchange thoughts
- verb - express in speech
- verb - use language
- verb - reveal information
- verb - divulge confidential information or secrets
- verb - deliver a lecture or talk
- To articulate (words): The baby is talking sentences now.
- To give expression to in words: talk treason.
- To speak of or discuss (something): talk music; talk business.
- To speak or know how to speak in (an idiom or a language): talked French with the flight crew.
- To gain, influence, or bring into a specified state by talking: talked me into coming; talked their way out of trouble.
- To spend (a period of time) by or as if by talking: talked the evening away.
- To articulate words: The baby can talk.
- To imitate the sounds of human speech: The parrot talks.
- To express one’s thoughts or emotions by means of spoken language: talked about the pros and cons of the issue.
- To convey one’s thoughts in a way other than by spoken words: talk with one’s hands.
- To express one’s thoughts in writing: Voltaire talks about London in this book.
- To parley or negotiate with someone: Let’s talk before continuing to fight.
- To spread rumors; gossip: If you do that, people will talk.
- To consult or confer with someone: I talked with the doctor.
- To be efficacious: Money talks.
- An exchange of ideas or opinions; a conversation.
- A speech or lecture.
- Hearsay, rumor, or speculation: There is talk of bankruptcy.
- A subject of conversation: a musical that is the talk of the town.
- Often talks.
- Jargon; slang: prison talk.
- Empty speech or unnecessary discussion: much talk and no action.
- A particular manner of speech: baby talk; honeyed talk.
- Something, such as the sounds of animals, felt to resemble human talk: whale talk.
- To persuade: I talked them around to my point of view.
- To speak indirectly about something: talked around the subject but never got to the point.
- To make an impertinent reply: a saucy child who talked back.
- To make a belligerent response: heavy guns talking back.
- To depreciate: talked down the importance of the move.
- To address someone with insulting condescension: talked down to her subordinates.
- To silence (a person), especially by speaking in a loud and domineering manner.
- To direct and control (the flight of an aircraft during an approach for landing) by radioed instructions either from the ground or a nearby aircraft.
- To discuss (a matter) exhaustively: I talked out the problem with a therapist.
- To resolve or settle by discussion.
- To block (proposed legislation) by filibustering.
- To consider thoroughly in conversation; discuss: talked the matter over.
- To win (someone) over by persuasion: talked them over to our side.
- To speak in favor of; promote: talked the candidate up; talked up the new product.
- To brag.
- verb - to communicate by speaking
There are 4 letters in TALK: A K L T
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to TALK
To search all scrabble anagrams of TALK, to go: TALK?
Rearrange the letters in TALK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of TALK
What's nearby TALK
Lookup in Wiki for TALK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of TALK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: TALK"