Is BAY valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of BAY in various dictionaries:
- noun - an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
- noun - the sound of a hound on the scent
- noun - small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking
- noun - a compartment on a ship between decks
- noun - a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose
- noun - a small recess opening off a larger room
- noun - a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
- verb - utter in deep prolonged tones
- verb - bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- adj - (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
- A body of water partially enclosed by land but with a wide mouth, affording access to the sea: the Bay of Biscay.
- An area of land, such as an arm of prairie partially enclosed by woodland, that resembles in shape or formation a partially enclosed body of water.
- Often used as an attributive: bay flounder; bay scallops.
- A part of a building marked off by vertical elements, such as columns or pilasters: an arcade divided into ten bays.
- A bay window.
- An opening or recess in a wall.
- A section or compartment, as in a service station, barn, or aircraft, that is set off for a specific purpose: a cargo bay; an engine bay.
- A sickbay.
- A reddish brown.
- A reddish-brown animal, especially a horse having a black mane and tail.
- A deep, prolonged bark, such as the sound made by hounds.
- The position of one cornered by pursuers and forced to turn and fight at close quarters: The hunters brought their quarry to bay.
- To utter a deep, prolonged bark.
- To pursue or challenge with barking: “I had rather be a dog, and bay the moon” (Shakespeare).
- To express by barking or howling: a mob baying its fury.
- To bring to bay: “too big for the dogs which tried to bay it” (William Faulkner).
- Any of certain other trees or shrubs with aromatic foliage, such as the California laurel.
- A crown or wreath made especially of the leaves and branches of the laurel and given as a sign of honor or victory.
- Often bays.
- verb - to cry like a dog
There are 3 letters in BAY: A B Y
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to BAY
To search all scrabble anagrams of BAY, to go: BAY?
Rearrange the letters in BAY and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of BAY
What's nearby BAY
Lookup in Wiki for BAY
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of BAY, do not miss the additional links under "More about: BAY"