Scrabble word: WHORL
In which Scrabble dictionary does WHORL exist?
Definitions of WHORL in dictionaries:
- noun - a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
- noun - a strand or cluster of hair
- noun - a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops
- A form that coils or spirals; a curl or swirl: spread the icing in peaks and whorls.
- An arrangement of three or more leaves, petals, or other organs radiating from a single node.
- A single turn or volution of a spiral shell.
- One of the circular ridges or convolutions of a fingerprint.
- An ornamental device, as in stonework or weaving, consisting of stylized vine leaves and tendrils.
- A small flywheel that regulates the speed of a spinning wheel.
- adj - a circular arrangement of similar parts [n -S] : WHORLED