Scrabble word: WATCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does WATCH exist?
Definitions of WATCH in dictionaries:
- noun - a small portable timepiece
- noun - a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- noun - a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe
- noun - the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
- noun - a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- noun - the rite of staying awake for devotional purposes (especially on the eve of a religious festival)
- verb - look attentively
- verb - follow with the eyes or the mind
- verb - see or watch
- verb - observe with attention
- verb - be vigilant, be on the lookout or be careful
- verb - observe or determine by looking
- verb - find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort
- To look or observe attentively or carefully; be closely observant: watching for trail markers.
- To look and wait expectantly or in anticipation: watch for an opportunity.
- To act as a spectator; look on: stood by the road and watched.
- To stay awake at night while serving as a guard, sentinel, or watcher.
- To stay alert as a devotional or religious exercise; keep vigil.
- To look at steadily; observe carefully or continuously: watch a parade.
- To keep a watchful eye on; guard: watched the prisoner all day.
- To observe the course of mentally; keep up on or informed about: watch the price of gold.
- To tend (a flock, for example).
- The act or process of keeping awake or mentally alert, especially for the purpose of guarding.
- The act of observing closely or the condition of being closely observed; surveillance.
- A period of close observation, often in order to discover something: a watch during the child’s illness.
- A person or group of people serving, especially at night, to guard or protect.
- The post or period of duty of a guard, sentinel, or watcher.
- Any of the periods into which the night is divided; a part of the night.
- Any of the periods of time into which the day aboard ship is divided and during which a part of the crew is assigned to duty.
- The members of a ship’s crew on duty during a specific watch.
- A chronometer on a ship.
- A period of wakefulness, especially one observed as a religious vigil.
- A funeral wake.
- A small portable timepiece, especially one worn on the wrist or carried in the pocket.
- A flock of nightingales.
- To act or proceed with care and caution.
- To behave as is demanded, required, or appropriate.
- verb - to observe carefully
There are 5 letters in WATCH: A C H T W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WATCH
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WATCH plus a wildcard: WATCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WATCH
Images for WATCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.