Scrabble word: WAKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAKE exist?
Definitions of WAKE in dictionaries:
- noun - the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
- noun - an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
- noun - the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
- noun - a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
- verb - be awake, be alert, be there
- verb - stop sleeping
- verb - arouse or excite feelings and passions
- verb - make aware of
- verb - cause to become awake or conscious
- To cease to sleep; become awake: overslept and woke late.
- To stay awake: Bears wake for spring, summer, and fall and hibernate for the winter.
- To be brought into a state of awareness or alertness: suddenly woke to the danger we were in.
- To keep watch or guard, especially over a corpse.
- To rouse from sleep; awaken.
- To stir, as from a dormant or inactive condition; rouse: wake old animosities.
- To make aware of; alert: The shocking revelations finally woke me to the facts of the matter.
- To keep a vigil over.
- To hold a wake over.
- A watch; a vigil.
- Also called viewing 3.
- A parish festival held annually, often in honor of a patron saint.
- The pairs wake, waken and awake, awaken have formed a bewildering array since the Middle English period.
- The visible track of turbulence left by something moving through water: the wake of a ship.
- A track, course, or condition left behind something that has passed: The war left destruction and famine in its wake.
- Following directly on.
- In the aftermath of; as a consequence of.
- verb - to rouse from sleep