Scrabble word: WAKE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WAKE exist?
Definitions of WAKE in dictionaries:
- noun - the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event)
- noun - an island in the western Pacific between Guam and Hawaii
- noun - the wave that spreads behind a boat as it moves forward
- noun - a vigil held over a corpse the night before burial
- verb - be awake, be alert, be there
- verb - stop sleeping
- verb - arouse or excite feelings and passions
- verb - make aware of
- verb - cause to become awake or conscious
- To cease to sleep; become awake: overslept and woke late.
- To stay awake: Bears wake for spring, summer, and fall and hibernate for the winter.
- To be brought into a state of awareness or alertness: suddenly woke to the danger we were in.
- To keep watch or guard, especially over a corpse.
- To rouse from sleep; awaken.
- To stir, as from a dormant or inactive condition; rouse: wake old animosities.
- To make aware of; alert: The shocking revelations finally woke me to the facts of the matter.
- To keep a vigil over.
- To hold a wake over.
- A watch; a vigil.
- Also called viewing 3.
- A parish festival held annually, often in honor of a patron saint.
- The pairs wake, waken and awake, awaken have formed a bewildering array since the Middle English period.
- The visible track of turbulence left by something moving through water: the wake of a ship.
- A track, course, or condition left behind something that has passed: The war left destruction and famine in its wake.
- Following directly on.
- In the aftermath of; as a consequence of.
- verb - to rouse from sleep
There are 4 letters in WAKE: A E K W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WAKE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WAKE plus a wildcard: WAKE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WAKE
Images for WAKE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.