Scrabble word: VOICE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VOICE exist?
Definitions of VOICE in dictionaries:
- noun - the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
- noun - the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
- noun - a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance
- noun - expressing in coherent verbal form
- noun - a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated
- noun - something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression
- noun - (metonymy) a singer
- noun - an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- noun - the ability to speak
- noun - (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
- noun - the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music
- verb - give voice to
- verb - utter with vibrating vocal chords
- The sound produced by the vocal organs of a vertebrate, especially a human being.
- The ability to produce such sounds.
- A specified quality, condition, or pitch of vocal sound: a hoarse voice; the child’s piping voice.
- Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
- A sound resembling or reminiscent of vocal utterance: the murmuring voice of the forest.
- Musical sound produced by vibration of the human vocal cords and resonated within the throat and head cavities.
- The quality or condition of a person’s singing: a baritone in excellent voice.
- A singer: a choir of excellent voices.
- Also called voice part 6.
- Expression; utterance: gave voice to their feelings at the meeting.
- A medium or an agency of expression: a newsletter that serves as a neighborhood voice.
- The right or opportunity to express a choice or an opinion: a territory that has a voice, but not a vote, in Congress.
- A property of verbs or a set of verb inflections indicating the relation between the subject and the action expressed by the verb: “Birds build nests” uses the active voice; “nests built by birds” uses the passive voice.
- The distinctive style or manner of expression of an author or a character in a book.
- See Synonyms at vent1.
- To pronounce with vibration of the vocal cords.
- To provide (a composition) with voice parts.
- To regulate the tone of (the pipes of an organ, for example).
- verb - to express or utter