Scrabble word: VOICE
In which Scrabble dictionary does VOICE exist?
Definitions of VOICE in dictionaries:
- noun - the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
- noun - the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
- noun - a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance
- noun - expressing in coherent verbal form
- noun - a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated
- noun - something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression
- noun - (metonymy) a singer
- noun - an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- noun - the ability to speak
- noun - (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
- noun - the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music
- verb - give voice to
- verb - utter with vibrating vocal chords
- The sound produced by the vocal organs of a vertebrate, especially a human being.
- The ability to produce such sounds.
- A specified quality, condition, or pitch of vocal sound: a hoarse voice; the child’s piping voice.
- Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
- A sound resembling or reminiscent of vocal utterance: the murmuring voice of the forest.
- Musical sound produced by vibration of the human vocal cords and resonated within the throat and head cavities.
- The quality or condition of a person’s singing: a baritone in excellent voice.
- A singer: a choir of excellent voices.
- Also called voice part 6.
- Expression; utterance: gave voice to their feelings at the meeting.
- A medium or an agency of expression: a newsletter that serves as a neighborhood voice.
- The right or opportunity to express a choice or an opinion: a territory that has a voice, but not a vote, in Congress.
- A property of verbs or a set of verb inflections indicating the relation between the subject and the action expressed by the verb: “Birds build nests” uses the active voice; “nests built by birds” uses the passive voice.
- The distinctive style or manner of expression of an author or a character in a book.
- See Synonyms at vent1.
- To pronounce with vibration of the vocal cords.
- To provide (a composition) with voice parts.
- To regulate the tone of (the pipes of an organ, for example).
- verb - to express or utter
There are 5 letters in VOICE: C E I O V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to VOICE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word VOICE plus a wildcard: VOICE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word VOICE
Images for VOICE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.