Scrabble word: UMLAUT
In which Scrabble dictionary does UMLAUT exist?
Definitions of UMLAUT in dictionaries:
- noun - a diacritical mark (two dots) placed over a vowel in German to indicate a change in sound
- A change in a vowel sound caused by partial assimilation especially to a vowel or semivowel occurring in the following syllable.
- A vowel sound changed in this manner.
- The diacritic mark (¨) placed over a vowel to indicate an umlaut, especially in German.
- To modify by umlaut.
- To write or print (a vowel) with an umlaut.
- verb - to modify a vowel sound by partial assimilation to a succeeding sound