Scrabble word: SCALD
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCALD exist?
Definitions of SCALD in dictionaries:
- noun - a burn cause by hot liquid or steam
- noun - the act of burning with steam or hot water
- verb - subject to harsh criticism
- verb - treat with boiling water
- verb - heat to the boiling point
- verb - burn with a hot liquid or steam
- To burn with or as if with hot liquid or steam.
- To subject to or treat with boiling water: scalded the hide to remove the hair; scalded and peeled the tomatoes.
- To heat (a liquid, such as milk) almost to the boiling point.
- To criticize harshly; excoriate.
- A body injury caused by scalding.
- A superficial discoloration on fruit, vegetables, leaves, or tree trunks caused by sudden exposure to intense sunlight or the action of gases.
- A disease of some cereal grasses caused by a fungus of the genus Rhynchosporium.
- verb - to burn with hot liquid or steam