Scrabble word: PERCH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PERCH exist?
Definitions of PERCH in dictionaries:
- noun - support consisting of a branch or rod that serves as a resting place (especially for a bird)
- noun - a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- noun - a square rod of land
- noun - an elevated place serving as a seat
- noun - any of numerous fishes of America and Europe
- noun - spiny-finned freshwater food and game fishes
- noun - any of numerous spiny-finned fishes of various families of the order Perciformes
- verb - sit, as on a branch
- verb - to come to rest, settle
- verb - cause to perch or sit
- A rod or branch serving as a roost for a bird.
- An elevated place for resting or sitting.
- A position that is secure, advantageous, or prominent.
- A pole, stick, or rod.
- Chiefly British.
- A linear measure equal to 5.
- One square rod of land.
- A unit of cubic measure used in stonework, usually 16.
- A frame on which cloth is laid for examination of quality.
- To alight or rest on a perch; roost: A raven perched high in the pine.
- To stand, sit, or rest on an elevated place or position.
- To place on or as if on a perch: The child perched the glass on the edge of the counter.
- To lay (cloth) on a perch in order to examine it.
- Any of various spiny-finned freshwater fishes of the genus Perca, especially either of two edible species, P.
- Any of various similar or related fishes, such as the pike perch or the grouper.
- verb - to sit or rest on an elevated place