Scrabble word: OSMOSIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does OSMOSIS exist?
Definitions of OSMOSIS in dictionaries:
- noun - (biology, chemistry) diffusion of molecules through a semipermeable membrane from a place of higher concentration to a place of lower concentration until the concentration on both sides is equal
- Diffusion of fluid through a semipermeable membrane until there is an equal concentration of fluid on both sides of the membrane.
- The tendency of fluids to diffuse in such a manner.
- A gradual, often unconscious process of assimilation or absorption: learned French by osmosis while residing in Paris for 15 years.
- noun - a form of diffusion of a fluid through a membrane