Scrabble word: MATCH
Is MATCH valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of MATCH in dictionaries:
- noun - lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical
- noun - a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete
- noun - a burning piece of wood or cardboard
- noun - an exact duplicate
- noun - the score needed to win a match
- noun - a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- noun - a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- noun - a pair of people who live together
- noun - something that resembles or harmonizes with
- verb - be compatible, similar or consistent
- verb - provide funds complementary to
- verb - bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- verb - be equal to in quality or ability
- verb - make correspond or harmonize
- verb - satisfy or fulfill
- verb - give or join in marriage
- verb - set into opposition or rivalry
- verb - be equal or harmonize
- verb - make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
- One that is exactly like another; a counterpart.
- One that is like another in one or more specified qualities: He is John’s match for bravery.
- One that is able to compete equally with another: The boxer had met his match.
- One that closely resembles or harmonizes with another: The napkins were a nice match for the tablecloth.
- A pair, each one of which resembles or harmonizes with the other: The colors were a close match.
- A game or contest in which two or more persons, animals, or teams oppose and compete with each other: a soccer match.
- A tennis contest won by the player or side that wins a specified number of sets, usually two out of three or three out of five.
- A marriage or an arrangement of marriage: a royal match.
- A person viewed as a prospective marriage partner.
- To be exactly like; correspond exactly.
- To be like with respect to specified qualities.
- To resemble or harmonize with: The coat matches the dress.
- To adapt or suit so that a balanced or harmonious result is achieved; cause to correspond: You should match your deeds to your beliefs.
- To find or produce a counterpart to: It’s difficult to match the color of old paint.
- To fit together or cause to fit together.
- To join or give in marriage.
- To place in opposition or competition; pit: She matched her skill against all comers.
- To provide with an adversary or a competitor.
- To do as well as or better than in competition; equal.
- To set in comparison; compare: beauty that could never be matched.
- To provide funds so as to equal or complement: The government will match all private donations to the museum.
- To flip or toss (coins) and compare the sides that land face up.
- To be a close counterpart; correspond.
- A narrow piece, usually of wood or cardboard, coated on one end with a compound that ignites when scratched against a rough or chemically treated surface.
- An easily ignited cord or wick, formerly used to detonate powder charges or to fire cannons and muzzleloading firearms.
- verb - to set in competition or opposition
There are 5 letters in MATCH: A C H M T
Click to search all anagrams of MATCH plus a wildcard: MATCH?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word MATCH
Images for MATCH
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.