Scrabble word: LOGOS
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOGOS exist?
Definitions of LOGOS in dictionaries:
- noun - the divine word of God
- noun - a company emblem or device
- In pre-Socratic philosophy, the principle governing the cosmos, the source of this principle, or human reasoning about the cosmos.
- Among the Sophists, the topics of rational argument or the arguments themselves.
- In Stoicism, the active, material, rational principle of the cosmos; nous.
- In biblical Judaism, the word of God, which itself has creative power and is God’s medium of communication with the human race.
- In Hellenistic Judaism, a hypostasis associated with divine wisdom.
- In Saint John’s Gospel, especially in the prologue (1:1-14), the creative word of God, which is itself God and incarnate in Jesus.
- noun - the rational principle that governs the universe in ancient Greek philosophy