Scrabble word: HYBRID
In which Scrabble dictionary does HYBRID exist?
Definitions of HYBRID in dictionaries:
- noun - a word that is composed of parts from different languages (e.g., `monolingual' has a Greek prefix and a Latin root)
- noun - a composite of mixed origin
- noun - (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock
- adj - produced by crossbreeding
- The offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, especially the offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties, species, or races.
- Something of mixed origin or composition.
- Something, such as a computer or power plant, having two kinds of components that produce the same or similar results.
- Often used to modify another noun: a hybrid tulip; a hybrid cell.
- noun - the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents