Scrabble word: DELAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DELAY exist?
Definitions of DELAY in dictionaries:
- noun - time during which some action is awaited
- noun - the act of delaying
- verb - cause to be slowed down or delayed
- verb - act later than planned, scheduled, or required
- verb - stop or halt
- verb - slow the growth or development of
- To postpone until a later time; defer.
- To act or move slowly; put off an action or a decision.
- The act of delaying; postponement: responded without delay.
- The condition of being delayed; detainment.
- The period of time during which one is delayed.
- These verbs mean to cause to be later or slower than expected or desired.
- verb - to put off to a later time