Scrabble word: COLONY
In which Scrabble dictionary does COLONY exist?
Definitions of COLONY in dictionaries:
- noun - a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland
- noun - a group of organisms of the same type living or growing together
- noun - one of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States
- noun - a place where a group of people with the same interest or occupation are concentrated
- noun - a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country
- noun - (microbiology) a group of organisms grown from a single parent cell
- A group of emigrants or their descendants who settle in a distant territory but remain subject to or closely associated with the parent country.
- A territory thus settled.
- A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular area: the American colony in Paris.
- The area occupied by such a group.
- A group of people who have been institutionalized in a relatively remote area: an island penal colony.
- A group of the same kind of animals, plants, or onecelled organisms living or growing together.
- A visible growth of microorganisms, usually in a solid or semisolid nutrient medium.
- noun - a group of emigrants living in a new land