Scrabble word: COLONY
In which Scrabble dictionary does COLONY exist?
Definitions of COLONY in dictionaries:
- noun - a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland
- noun - a group of organisms of the same type living or growing together
- noun - one of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States
- noun - a place where a group of people with the same interest or occupation are concentrated
- noun - a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country
- noun - (microbiology) a group of organisms grown from a single parent cell
- A group of emigrants or their descendants who settle in a distant territory but remain subject to or closely associated with the parent country.
- A territory thus settled.
- A group of people with the same interests or ethnic origin concentrated in a particular area: the American colony in Paris.
- The area occupied by such a group.
- A group of people who have been institutionalized in a relatively remote area: an island penal colony.
- A group of the same kind of animals, plants, or onecelled organisms living or growing together.
- A visible growth of microorganisms, usually in a solid or semisolid nutrient medium.
- noun - a group of emigrants living in a new land
There are 6 letters in COLONY: C L N O O Y
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word COLONY plus a wildcard: COLONY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COLONY
Images for COLONY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.