Scrabble word: CAMP
In which Scrabble dictionary does CAMP exist?
Definitions of CAMP in dictionaries:
- noun - temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
- noun - a group of people living together in a camp
- noun - temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers
- noun - an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
- noun - a penal institution (often for forced labor)
- noun - something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality
- noun - shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs
- noun - a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months
- verb - live in or as if in a tent
- verb - establish or set up a camp
- verb - give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
- adj - providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
- A place where tents, huts, or other temporary shelters are set up, as by soldiers, nomads, or travelers.
- A cabin or shelter or group of such buildings: gathered branches and grasses for a makeshift camp; had a fishing camp in Vermont.
- The people using such shelters: a howl that awakened the whole camp.
- A place in the country that offers simple group accommodations and organized recreation or instruction, as for vacationing children: a girls’ summer camp; a tennis camp.
- A place where athletes engage in intensive training, especially preseason training.
- The people attending the programs at such a place.
- Military service; army life.
- A group of people who think alike or share a cause; side: The council members disagreed, falling into liberal and conservative camps.
- To make or set up a camp.
- To shelter or lodge in a camp; encamp: They camped themselves by a river.
- An affectation or appreciation of manners and tastes commonly thought to be artificial, vulgar, or banal.
- Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style: played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect.
- verb - to live in the open