Scrabble word: CAMEO
In which Scrabble dictionary does CAMEO exist?
Definitions of CAMEO in dictionaries:
- noun - engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring)
- A gem or shell carved in relief, especially one in which the raised design and the background consist of layers of contrasting colors.
- The technique of carving in this way.
- A medallion with a profile cut in raised relief.
- A brief, vivid portrayal or depiction: a literary cameo.
- A brief but dramatic appearance of a prominent actor, as in a single scene of a motion picture.
- To make into or like a gem or shell carved in relief.
- To make a brief but dramatic appearance, as in a film: She cameoed as Anne Boleyn in A Man for All Seasons.
- verb - to portray in sharp, delicate relief