Scrabble word: BLEED
In which Scrabble dictionary does BLEED exist?
Definitions of BLEED in dictionaries:
- verb - lose blood from one's body
- verb - draw blood
- verb - get or extort (money or other possessions) from someone
- verb - be diffused
- verb - drain of liquid or steam
- To emit or lose blood.
- To be wounded, especially in battle.
- To feel sympathetic grief or anguish: My heart bleeds for the victims of the air crash.
- To exude a fluid such as sap.
- To pay out money, especially an exorbitant amount.
- To run together or be diffused, as dyes in wet cloth.
- To undergo or be subject to such a diffusion of color: The madras skirt bled when it was first washed.
- To show through a layer of paint, as a stain or resin in wood.
- To be printed so as to go off the edge or edges of a page after trimming.
- To take or remove blood from.
- To extract sap or juice from.
- To draw liquid or gaseous contents from; drain.
- To draw off (liquid or gaseous matter) from a container.
- To obtain money from, especially by improper means.
- To drain of all valuable resources: “Politicians... never stop inventing illicit enterprises of government that bleed the national economy” (David A.
- To cause (an illustration, for example) to bleed.
- To trim (a page, for example) so closely as to mutilate the printed or illustrative matter.
- Illustrative matter that bleeds.
- A page trimmed so as to bleed.
- Later in Old English this o changed to K, pronounced like the a in labor, eventually becoming like the e in bee by 1500.
- verb - to lose blood
There are 5 letters in BLEED: B D E E L
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BLEED
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BLEED plus a wildcard: BLEED?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BLEED
Images for BLEED
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.