Scrabble word: AXIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does AXIS exist?
Definitions of AXIS in dictionaries:
- noun - a straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions
- noun - the main stem or central part about which plant organs or plant parts such as branches are arranged
- noun - in World War II the alliance of Germany and Italy in 1936 which later included Japan and other nations
- noun - a group of countries in special alliance
- noun - the 2nd cervical vertebra
- noun - the center around which something rotates
- A straight line about which a body or geometric object rotates or may be conceived to rotate.
- An unlimited line, half-line, or line segment serving to orient a space or a geometric object, especially a line about which the object is symmetric.
- A reference line from which distances or angles are measured in a coordinate system.
- A center line to which parts of a structure or body may be referred.
- An imaginary line to which elements of a work of art, such as a picture, are referred for measurement or symmetry.
- The second cervical vertebra on which the head turns.
- Any of various central structures, such as the spinal column, or standard abstract lines used as a positional referent.
- The main stem or central part about which organs or plant parts such as branches are arranged.
- One of three mutually perpendicular lines that define the orientation of an aircraft, with one being along its direction of travel and the other two being perpendicular to the direction of travel.
- A line through the optical center of a lens that is perpendicular to both its surfaces.
- One of three or four imaginary lines used to define the faces of a crystal and the position of its atoms.
- An alliance of powers, such as nations, to promote mutual interests and policies.
- adj - a straight line about which a body rotates [n AXES] : AXISED
- noun - an Asian deer