Scrabble word: ASSIZE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ASSIZE exist?
Definitions of ASSIZE in dictionaries:
- noun - the regulation of weights and measures of articles offered for sale
- noun - an ancient writ issued by a court of assize to the sheriff for the recovery of property
- A session of a court.
- A decree or edict rendered at such a session.
- An ordinance regulating weights and measures and the weights and prices of articles of consumption.
- The standards so established.
- A judicial inquest, the writ by which it is instituted, or the verdict of the jurors.
- One of the periodic court sessions formerly held in each of the counties of England and Wales for the trial of civil or criminal cases.
- The time or place of such sessions.
- noun - a session of a legislative or judicial body