Is HOOK valid for Scrabble? Words With Friends? Other games?!
Definitions of HOOK in various dictionaries:
- noun - a catch for locking a door
- noun - a sharp curve or crook
- noun - anything that serves as an enticement
- noun - a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- noun - a curved or bent implement for suspending or pulling something
- noun - a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer
- noun - a short swinging punch delivered from the side with the elbow bent
- noun - a basketball shot made over the head with the hand that is farther from the basket
- verb - fasten with a hook
- verb - rip off
- verb - make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle
- verb - hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels to the left
- verb - take by theft
- verb - make off with belongings of others
- verb - hit with a hook
- verb - catch with a hook
- verb - to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- verb - secure with the foot
- verb - entice and trap
- verb - approach with an offer of sexual favors
- A curved or sharply bent device, usually of metal, used to catch, drag, suspend, or fasten something else.
- A fishhook.
- A curved or barbed plant or animal part.
- A short angled or curved line on a letter.
- A sickle.
- A sharp bend or curve, as in a river.
- A point or spit of land with a sharply curved end.
- A means of catching or ensnaring; a trap.
- A means of attracting interest or attention; an enticement: a sales hook.
- A catchy motif or refrain: “sugary hard rock melodies [and] ear candy hooks” (Boston Globe).
- A short swinging blow in boxing delivered with a crooked arm.
- A golf stroke that sends the ball to the left of a right-handed player or to the right of a left-handed player.
- In surfing, the lip of a breaking wave.
- A curve ball.
- A hook shot.
- To catch, suspend, or connect with a hook.
- To snare.
- To fasten by or as if by a hook.
- To pierce or gore with or as if with a hook.
- To take strong hold of; captivate: a novel that hooked me on the very first page.
- To cause to become addicted.
- To make (a rug) by looping yarn through canvas with a type of hook.
- To hit with a hook in boxing.
- To hit (a golf ball) in a hook.
- To pitch (a ball) with a curve.
- To shoot (a ball) in a hook shot.
- To bend like a hook.
- To fasten by means of a hook or a hook and eye.
- To work as a prostitute.
- To assemble or wire (a mechanism).
- To connect a mechanism and a source of power.
- To form a tie or connection: hooked up with the wrong crowd.
- verb - to catch with a hook (a bent piece of metal)
There are 4 letters in HOOK: H K O O
Scrabble results that can be created with an extra letter added to HOOK
To search all scrabble anagrams of HOOK, to go: HOOK?
Rearrange the letters in HOOK and see some winning combinations
Contextual use of HOOK
What's nearby HOOK
Lookup in Wiki for HOOK
Anagrammer is a game resource site that has been extremely popular with players of popular games like Scrabble, Lexulous, WordFeud, Letterpress, Ruzzle, Hangman and so forth. We maintain regularly updated dictionaries of almost every game out there. To be successful in these board games you must learn as many valid words as possible, but in order to take your game to the next level you also need to improve your anagramming skills, spelling, counting and probability analysis. Make sure to bookmark every unscrambler we provide on this site. Explore deeper into our site and you will find many educational tools, flash cards and so much more that will make you a much better player. This page covers all aspects of HOOK, do not miss the additional links under "More about: HOOK"