Scrabble word: WELL
In which Scrabble dictionary does WELL exist?
Definitions of WELL in dictionaries:
- noun - a deep hole or shaft dug or drilled to obtain water or oil or gas or brine
- noun - a cavity or vessel used to contain liquid
- noun - an abundant source
- noun - an open shaft through the floors of a building (as for a stairway)
- noun - an enclosed compartment in a ship or plane for holding something as e.g. fish or a plane's landing gear or for protecting something as e.g. a ship's pumps
- verb - come up, as of a liquid
- adj - in good health especially after having suffered illness or injury
- adj - resulting favorably
- adj - wise or advantageous and hence advisable
- adv - (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
- adv - thoroughly or completely
- adv - indicating high probability
- adv - (used for emphasis or as an intensifier) entirely or fully
- adv - to a suitable or appropriate extent or degree
- adv - favorably
- adv - to a great extent or degree
- adv - with great or especially intimate knowledge
- adv - with prudence or propriety
- adv - with skill or in a pleasing manner
- adv - in a manner affording benefit or advantage
- adv - in financial comfort
- adv - without unusual distress or resentment
- A deep hole or shaft sunk into the earth to obtain water, oil, gas, or brine.
- A container or reservoir for a liquid, such as ink.
- A place where water issues from the earth; a spring or fountain.
- A mineral spring.
- An abundant source: a well of information.
- An open space extending vertically through the floors of a building, as for stairs or ventilation.
- An enclosure in a ship’s hold for the pumps.
- A cistern with a perforated bottom in the hold of a fishing vessel for keeping fish alive.
- An enclosed space for receiving and holding something, such as the wheels of an airplane when retracted.
- The central space in a law court, directly in front of the judge’s bench, where the counsel or solicitor sits.
- To rise to the surface, ready to flow: Tears welled in my eyes.
- To pour forth.
- In a good or proper manner: behaved well.
- Skillfully or proficiently: dances well.
- Satisfactorily or sufficiently: slept well.
- Successfully or effectively: gets along well with people.
- In a comfortable or affluent manner: lived well.
- In a manner affording benefit or gain; advantageously: married well.
- With reason or propriety; reasonably: can’t very well say no.
- In all likelihood; indeed: You may well need your umbrella.
- In a prudent or sensible manner: You would do well to say nothing more.
- In a close or familiar manner: knew them well.
- In a favorable or approving manner: spoke well of them.
- Thoroughly; completely: well cooked; cooked well.
- Perfectly; clearly: I well understand your intentions.
- To a suitable or appropriate degree: well pleased.
- To a considerable extent or degree: well over the estimate.
- With care or attention: listened well.
- Entirely; fully: well worth seeing.
- In a satisfactory condition; right or proper: All is well.
- Not ailing, infirm, or diseased; healthy.
- Cured or healed, as a wound.
- Advisable; prudent: It would be well not to ask.
- Fortunate; good: It is well that you stayed.
- Used to introduce a remark, resume a narrative, or fill a pause during conversation.
- Used to express surprise.
- In addition; also: mentioned other matters as well.
- In a position to influence or be favored by: He’s in well with management.
- verb - to rise to the surface and flow forth
There are 4 letters in WELL: E L L W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WELL
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WELL plus a wildcard: WELL?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WELL
Images for WELL
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.