Scrabble word: WANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does WANT exist?
Definitions of WANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of extreme poverty
- noun - the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable
- noun - anything that is necessary but lacking
- noun - a specific feeling of desire
- verb - feel or have a desire for
- verb - have need of
- verb - hunt or look for
- verb - wish or demand the presence of
- verb - be without, lack
- To desire greatly; wish for: They want to leave.
- To be without; lack.
- To be in need of; require: “‘Your hair wants cutting,’ said the Hatter” (Lewis Carroll).
- To request the presence or assistance of: You are wanted by your office.
- To seek with intent to capture: The fugitive is wanted by the police.
- To have a desire for.
- To have an inclination toward; like: Say what you want, but be tactful.
- To have need: wants for nothing.
- To be destitute or needy.
- To be disposed; wish: Call me daily if you want.
- The condition or quality of lacking something usual or necessary: stayed home for want of anything better to do.
- Pressing need; destitution: lives in want.
- Something desired: a person of few wants and needs.
- A defect of character; a fault.
- To desire greatly to enter: The dog wants in.
- To wish to join a project, business, or other undertaking.
- To desire greatly to leave: The cat wants out.
- When want is followed immediately by an infinitive construction, it does not take for: I want you to go (not want for you).
- verb - to have a desire for