Scrabble word: VISIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does VISIT exist?
Definitions of VISIT in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time
- noun - a meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone (such as a doctor or lawyer) for treatment or advice
- noun - the act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection)
- noun - the act of going to see some person in a professional capacity
- noun - a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
- verb - go to see a place, as for entertainment
- verb - go to certain places as for sightseeing
- verb - pay a brief visit
- verb - come to see in an official or professional capacity
- verb - impose something unpleasant
- verb - talk socially without exchanging too much information
- verb - stay with as a guest
- verb - assail
- To call on socially: visit friends.
- To go to see or spend time at (a place) with a certain intent: visit a museum; visited London.
- To stay with as a guest.
- To go to see in an official or professional capacity: visited the dentist; a priest visiting his parishioners.
- To go or come to: visits the bank on Fridays.
- To go to see in order to aid or console: visit the sick and dying.
- To make itself known to or seize fleetingly: was visited by a bizarre thought.
- To afflict or assail: A plague visited the village.
- To inflict punishment on or for; avenge: The sins of the ancestors were visited on their descendants.
- To make a visit.
- To converse or chat: Stay and visit with me for a while.
- The act or an instance of visiting a person, place, or thing.
- A stay or sojourn as a guest.
- The act of visiting in a professional capacity.
- The act of visiting in an official capacity, such as an inspection or examination.
- verb - to go or come to see someone or something